Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) – 1 Day Overview
Product failures generally occur because the products and their manufacturing processes have not been correctly analysed. Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) will enable you to identify potential failure modes and assess the severity of their effect. An effective PFMEA will enable you to improve customer satisfaction levels, prevent process defects and improve the management of your development costs and timescales. Our PFMEA overview uses a combination of presentations and interactive tutorials which will help you to effectively and efficiently apply the PFMEA methodology to your products and processes.
- Product and Process Design/Development Manager/Engineers,
- Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement Manager/Engineers,
- Quality and Supplier Quality Manager/Engineers,
- Managers who need to understand the benefits of FMEA
Learning objectives – delegates will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and benefits of PFMEA and where it fits within the product and process development cycle,
- How to conduct a PFMEA & produce an accurate & effective PFMEA
- Define the inputs for an effective process control plan and associated process documentation
- Define the critical characteristics for use in developing an effective manufacturing process control plan.
Your employees will learn via a combination of presentations, discussion and active participation in practical activities. The overview will focus on the understanding the fundamentals of the PFMEA activity and in particular the many benefits. Employees will learn how to analyse a process, understand its functions and characteristics, etc., via:
- Explanation of the principles, benefits and limitation of PFMEA
- Defining the scope of the analysis and pre-Analysis Preparation
- PFMEA process functions and requirements
- Failure Modes, Effects and Failure Causes
- Current Process controls – prevention and detection
- Severity, Occurrence and Detection ranking criteria – emphasis on methods
- Risk Priority Numbers – Calculation and Analysis (RPN secrets)
Each attendee will receive their own personal copy of all the presentation slides, and any additional reference materials, examples and any other material used during the workshop.
A Triple A Solutions Limited certificate of based upon continuous assessment by tutor will be issued following the course.
What to do next
If you wish to discuss the development of your own specific PFMEA Workshop that meets your business needs and products then visit our website www.tripleasolutions.co.uk or contact our office on 01656 750 744.